Suhova Nadezhda Ivanovna, Candidate of juridical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of theory of state and law, Saratov State Law Academy (104 Chernyshevskogo street, Saratov, Russia), email@example.com
Background. The need for quick and adequate regulation of social relations can be achieved only through the use of a qualitative and effective law, as well as through other legal acts that are adopted in strict accordance with it, and actions taken. However, the law itself needs a set of conditions and factors that ensure its operation. What this set should be and how it should be applied depends on understanding of what the category “operation of law” reflects and what content it has. Therefore, the main purpose of this research is to evaluate the widespread interpretation of operation of law in time, space and in personal scope in terms of the existing system of theoretical knowledge of law and taking into account the problems of its implementation.
Materials and methods. The set goals were achieved by using a complex of instruments of scientific knowledge, which could provide objective results. The main role in the research was assigned to the dialectical method accompanied by comparative- legal and formal-legal methods. Empirically the research was based on the current legislation and the practice of its application.
Results. The study analyzes the widespread understanding of the operation of law in time, in space and in personal scope. The article examines the opinions on the issue in the literature, the current legislation and the practice of implementing the Constitution of the Russian Federation.
Conclusions. The research has revealed a lack of the above-mentioned potential for solving tasks of theoretical meaning and for explaining the problems of practical implementation of laws. The author suggests to consider the operation of law as a process consisting of successive stages, provided by a complex of means of various nature.
law, operation of law, effectiveness of legislation, process of operation of law, mechanism of law
l1. Tikhomirov Yu. A. Deystvie zakona [Operation of law]. Moscow: Izvestiya, 1992, 162 p.
2. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collected laws of the Russian Federation]. 1996, no. 25, art. 2954; 2017, no. 1 (part I), art. 32.
3. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collected laws of the Russian Federation]. 2009, no. 29, art. 3618; 2014, no. 52 (part I), art. 7543.
4. Kodeks Rossiyskoy Federatsii ob administrativnykh pravonarusheniyakh ot 30.12.2001 № 195-FZ (red. ot 09.03.2016) (s izm. i dop., vstup. v silu s 20.03.2016) [The Code of Administrative Violations of the Russian Federation from 30.12.2001 № 195-FZ (revised on 09.03.2016) (with alterations and supplements effective from 20.03.2016)]. RRS “ConsultantPlus”. Available at: http://www.consultant.ru (accessed March 22, 2016).
5. Ob otkaze v prinyatii k rassmotreniyu zhaloby grazhdanina Eremenko Anatoliya Evgen'evicha na narushenie ego konstitutsionnykh prav chast'yu 3 stat'i 1.5 i primechaniem k stat'e 1.5 Kodeksa Rossiyskoy Federatsii ob administrativnykh pravonarusheniyakh: Opredelenie Konstitutsionnogo Suda RF ot 25 yanvarya 2012 g. № 64-O-O [On denial of taking cognizance the complaint submitted by Eremenko Anatoliy Evgenyevich regarding violation of his constitutional rights by part 3 article 1.5 and annotation to article 1.5 of the Code of Administrative Violations of the Russian Federation: a decision of the Constitutional Court of Russia from 25th January 2012 № 64-O-O]. RRS “ConsultantPlus”.
6. Pakhman S. V. Grazhdanskoe pravo: obshchaya chast'. Lektsii [Civil law: general provisions. Lectures]. Saint-Petersburg, 1868.
7. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collected laws of the Russian Federation]. 2014, no. 31, art. 4398.
8. Kravets I. A. Rossiyskiy yuridicheskiy zhurnal [Russian juridical journal]. 2001, no. 3, pp. 3–11.
9. Ebzeev B. S. Gosudarstvo i pravo [State and law]. 2008, no. 7, pp. 5–15.
10. Avak'yan S. A. Konstitutsiya Rossii: priroda, evolyutsiya, sovremennost' [The Constitution of Russia: nature, evolution, present times]. Moscow: RYuID: Sashko, 2000, 528 p.
11. Tikhomirov Yu. A. Konstitutsiya. Zakon. Podzakonnyy akt [Constitution. Law. Subordinate act]. Moscow: Yuridicheskaya literatura, 1994, 135 p.
12. Byulleten' Verkhovnogo Suda RF [Bulletin of the Supreme Court of Russia]. 1996, no. 1.